Saturday, September 18, 2010

Olimpos manga explination *spoilers alert*


I've recently written a review on Myanimelist under melonramune and this is kinda a "follow up" of that review. This is kinda an explanation for readers who read the manga, followed my guidelines in the review, and still don't get the manga. And also, I was saddened by the fact so many people gave Olimpos a bad rating since they couldn't understand the manga. ;A; So I hope my explanation will help...

This is my interpretation. I don't know if this is what Aki intended, but this is what I think is going on. Beware, there're spoilers.

Okies, let's start:

First of all, gods CAN LIE. It's a lie that they said can't lie, therefore they can lie. For instance here:



Chp 4 Pg 16

Either that or the trusting issue:



Chp 4 pg 26

That's what all the dialogs in the manga were hinting at [I just took some of the more obvious scenes]. Ganymede indeed can leave the garden by either:

1. Searching harder for the exit.
2. Ignoring Apollo's statement that he can't leave and believe he can leave.

Thats why Hades said it was possible for Ganymede to leave the garden. Besides, if there was no exit, how do the gods go in and out? :3

I hope this explains the biggest confusion of this manga... XD If you have more questions, please comment them and I will try my best to answer them...!

1 comment:

The 355 said...

Ello fellow new jersian! Haha sorry, not to sound like a creeper but are you south or north? North rules!!! Haha sorry if I sound weird